 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 329
Re: Moonbase Pics Are Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:03:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
OK, I have some preliminary pictures of my super-module.

This is NOT any attempt by me to flaunt or brag of my efforts. These are
mostly for Tom, to show placement of the monorail track in relation to the
module. Also, this is a work in progress. Don't be put off by the lack of
detail (especially the absence of minifigs); that will sort itself out
during February's passing.

Also, I want to be sure that I've got the basic MBM procedure down.

All nine pictures can be viewed here:

-SNIP-

Please feel free to pass along suggestions for adjustments or improvements,
but as I said this is a work in progress.

I'm going out on a limb, but I believe Tom's module would be best suited to
connect from the short corridor since it is adjacent to the monorail track.

Hope this helps someone.

Oh by the way I finally got a permanent job after nearly two years' wait.

Pat
Hi Pat,
Thanks for the pics!  Congratulations on your job!  I haven't determined
exactly how my modules are going to pan out.  Incorporating the monorail
turns out to be a little harder than I originally thought.  You almost have
to use at least two large baseplates in order to have any room at all to
include any track.  I didn't originally plan on using more than one per
module.  Now, I'm rethinking my plans a little and I may have to do like you
and use a combination of plates.  It's going to be interesting to see if I
can get this all done by our meeting. haha
Your module looks good.  I'm anxious to see how all of these go together
when we get done.  I'm sure it will be interesting.  I'm looking forward to it!
Tom