 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 303
Re: Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:10:53 GMT

Howdy all,

I think most of us will be constructing moonbase modules for the upcoming
spring 2003 meeting (in early March). Just a reminder, we'll be adhering to
the guidelines set forth in the moonbase project:

http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/modules/

Be sure to check this out before you start building. Also, check out other
people's modules to gain inspiration.

When finished, you can enter your module to the project and have it featured
on the moonbase website!

TJ
www.texlug.org

TJ, you can bet your a..er, life that I'll be doing all these things before
March 1.

Last night (well...2AM) I constructed my first successful moonbase
connecting corridor that conforms to all Project Moonbase (PM) standards!
Yay!! BTW, My module will have either 2 or 3 connecting corridors. Wow,
those things look larger when you build them yourself than they do on the
moonbase website.

Tom, I agree we should put some kind of TEXLUG standard in place if we are
going to connect monorail track as well as moonbase modules...how about this:

Since PM standards stipulate that connecting corridors be 8 bricks off the
baseplate, with supports at least 4 studs from the baseplate edge, with the
edge of the corridor flush with the baseplate edge, and centered on one of
the baseplate edges, then why not have the track parallel the corridors at
the baseplate edge? Furthermore, since the corridors are centered, we have
plenty of room on either side for placing the track. Lessee, a track is 4
studs wide, and there are 20 studs remaining on either side of the
corridor...so, shall we say 8 studs from the edge paralleling the corridor?
Just a suggestion.

The only problem I can see of course is OK, what now? Right or left of the
corridor as it comes off the baseplate? And right or left from what angle of
view?

Tell ya what. I say whoever finishes their module first is obligated to take
a picture and post it on Brickshelf, their respective website, the Moonbase
website, or ask TJ to post it on the TEXLUG website, so that the rest of us
can coordinate something like, "OK, I am reserving the spot to the left of
Tom's module (based on the angle shown in the picture)" and plan and
coordinate that way. I would REALLY, really like to avoid a lot of
hairpulling re-building when we convene.

Comments? Bets? Popcorn? Peanuts?

I check this board daily...

Pat