 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 282
281  |  283
Subject:
Introducing a Texas AFOL!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:37:40 GMT

Greetings, all.

     Every Friday night for the past five years or so, I have been indulging
in my favorite role-playing game, an obscure title called DragonQuest.

     For about the past two years, I have been "gaming" (i.e. rolling dice
and slaying monsters) with another AFOL and didn't even know it!!

     I am pleased to introduce to TEXLUG and LUGNET Mr. Mark Bagnall. Mark
moved down to San Antonio from Virginia nearly two years ago.

     Last Friday, I had brought one of my latest space MOCs to show
everyone...something I call the Space FlakPanzer. I hope to post a pic of it
on BrickShelf soon. This got Mark to talking about LEGO, and lo and behold
come to find out he still dabbles in it.

     Mark's fixation with LEGO goes way back to the early 1970's. For
example, he still has a complete 1975 Moon Landing set (565); this is just
before the dawn of the Mini-Fig era, but if you look at this set...

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/565_1

...you will see a strong resemblance between the color scheme of this set
and Classic Space. Odd, that...

   Mark takes very good care of his LEGO, and his collection is deja-vu
reminiscent of the (wow) gander I took of Jason's LEGO room!

   BTW, Mark is not with phone or Internet access at the moment, since he is
in the middle of a change of residence (euphemism for MOVING), but I hope to
draw his attention to LUGNET and TEXLUG within a week or so and perhaps get
him involved. He is thus far showing genuine interest in making the trip to
Houston in March.

   Speaking of which, I vote for March 1-2 if it means Tom will show up!
Even one of those Spring Break weekends we tossed about. March 29-30 is my
last choice.

- Pat