 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 262
Re: Greetings Dedman
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:34:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Erik Schroer writes:
First off, thanks for the greeting.

Secondly, is there anyone who lives in or around Dallas who is going?
Furthermore, is there anyone in Dallas who is part of TEXLug?

If it is possible I will try to find a way to the next meeting. I love Space
its actually predominantly what I build. But not Classic as that was almost
before my time. However, some classic sets are good and others would be nice
to cannibalize. From the pics I have seen from the last meeting, I want to
go even more. Just curious, but how many pieces on average do all you have?

\\//,DedmanWalkin
Hi Dedman,
I'm sorry I didn't welcome you before to our group!  I haven't been keeping
up with the Texlug postings like I should.  Please consider yourself more
than welcome to our group.  I'm not in the Dallas area so I can't help you
with your problem at the moment!  I hope we get some responses from people
there.  I know there are some Lego fans there, but we've haven't had any
attend our meetings so far that I know of.  There are some Houston fans that
we haven't met either.  It's tough trying to get people together in such a
large state.

I'm not a space fan like you or Pat!  I am into the pirate stuff mostly.  I
branch off into other themes on occasion.  I'm very interested in this idea
of doing a group space project though.  I hope we figure out a plan for it.
I'd like to get started building on something as soon as possible.

I haven't a clue as to how many parts/pieces I have.  I have a whole room
dedicated to Lego and it's bulging at the seams! haha  I have a closet that
is so full of sets still in the box, you have to be careful in opening the
door.  I couldn't even begin to guess at a number.  I don't even know if
it's large or small in comparison to other peoples collections because I
haven't gotten many chances to see what other people have.  I once toyed
with the idea of trying to count it all but I quickly saw that it would take
more time than I wanted to donate!

I hope you figure out a way to attend the next meeting we have.  I'm hoping
I can make it as well.  Sometimes my job gets in the way.

I would like to see some of your creations!  If you get a way to post them
on the internet, let us know.  In the meantime, stay in touch thru lugnet
and maybe we can find a Dallas fan to help out.
regards,
Tom