 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 251
250  |  252
Subject:
TEXLUG Logo Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:58:31 GMT

Howdy,

TEXLUG does not have a logo. There isn't a neat, little symbol on the
website next to the name, and there probably should be.

Therefore I'd like to call upon everyone to participate in creating a logo.
There are no set rules, however I have some preferences given how the logo
will be used:
• it should be small, something comparable in height to the largest font
size on a webpage
• it should be simple in graphical design; as a small image, it should be
clear and understandable
• it should incorporate something Texas-like, such as the shape of the state
or the pattern or coloring of the Texas flag
• given that some of us are Aggies, nothing in the shape of a longhorn will
be accepted :-)
• given that this is all about LEGO, something symbolizing a brick may be
appropriate
• it doesn't necessarily have to incorporate the word "TEXLUG". If it is a
simple graphic image with no letters, then it will be placed next to the
large text: "TEXLUG" (hence the small size preference)

Keep in mind these are just preferences. I've selected them based upon what
I think would make a good logo, and how they will be judged. The entries
will be scrutinized by a panel of judges and reviewed by your peers.

You do not necessarily have to be part of TEXLUG or even a resident of this
state. This contest is open to any living human world-wide.

Deadline for all entries is the end of the year (Dec. 31st 2002). There are
no physical prizes. The creator of the winning logo will be showered with
praise and admiration. The creator's name will appear (in very small text)
on the same page as the logo giving full credit.

All entries will be compiled on one page on the TEXLUG website for
everyone's review. I will make announcements as appropriate.

Have fun!

TJ Avery
http://www.texlug.org

p.s. If you need to email me, please use: tja@texbrick.com