 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 250
Re: From Laura: Meeting Pictures and a big thank you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:40:19 GMT

Just do what I did: have a firstborn son with your spouse, get them to work
while you stay home and enjoy your second (LEGO) childhood as your kid(s)
grow up!  I blame my relatively "massive" collection of LEGO and ensuing
frenzy for LEGO on my brother, who sent the first LEGO set to our firstborn
son for Christmas when the our sons was one month short of four years old.
It was a tiny time-trippers or time-travelers car, about 50 pieces.  After I
helped put it together for our son, he began to take it apart, reassemble
it, take it apart, reassemble it, and I knew we were on to something...!

By the way, I am enjoying hearing these reports of the Austin convention.
Even though I live here, I was unable to attend the event.  I do have some
train elements (motors, track, switches, grooved wheel sets, etc., that I am
trying to decide whether to sell).  Anybody want to name a price for the
9-volt train motors or the track or the switches (left and right "turns")?

Fun in the sun,

Alan Carmack