 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 258
Re: TEXLUG Logo Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:47:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Anthony Sava writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugbrick.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugstate.gif

Cool. Nice! These are great. Thanks, Anthony.

I'll tell y'all right now that with only a few submissions gathered, this
will be a very tough contest. I'll keep you posted on the status, and put up
a page on TEXLUG displaying all logos at once.

Hey, you have some nice logo ideas already. One piece of unsolicited advice:

Ask yourself: How will the logo look embroidered on a shirt?

Big bold letters go better than lots of small ones. Fewer colors means less
setup charges and less cost. If the logo goes well on both dark and light
backgrounds that's a plus.

Not the only criterion of course but worth keeping in mind.

Hope that helps.

++Lar (who may have more different LEGO(r) club shirts than anyone else)

With Lar's unsolicited advice in mind, I went back and edited my two logo
ideas.  First of all, I cleaned up the first two, but still being gif's with
transparent backgrounds, they aren't prefect for 'every' color background.  If
you want to review these, you may have to reload or delete the cache from your
browser.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugbrick.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugstate.gif

I then, in the spirit of possible future T-Shirt designs (granted they have
lots of color and detail unlike Lar's advice, but at least they work with black
and white backgrounds, and the fact I'm being really egotisical to even think
these would be the final choices...)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugbrick2.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugstate2.gif

And then, because these are all gifs with transparent backgrounds, I decided to
show all four off as jpgs with white, and the last two with white and black
backgrounds.  As jpgs, they retain more of their detail and smoothness.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugbrick.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugbrick2white.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugbrick2black.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugstate.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugstate2white.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/texlugstate2black.jpg

If I weren't deep-linking these, the white background would show off more in
the brickshelf account.  So if you want to view them with their white
backgrounds with contrast, here is the folder (after moderation):

Whew... ok, I'm done for a while.

--Anthony