 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 144 (-20)
  Enter the Red Dragon

My friends, the next chapter of the Chronicles of Ikros is online. You could argue that this is the best set of picture editing I've ever done, but you'll just have to judge for yourself, won't ya? So I am proud to give you... Chapter 25 of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Meeting: March 9

Hey Texas AFOLs, We're going to have a meeting in March, and the date has been picked: Saturday, March 9th. The meeting will take place in Austin, at the house of Jason Spangler. The meeting will be from 10am to 8pm. Out of the many responses I've (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: TEXLUG Meeting & MOC Contest

(...) I've heard from a few people so far, but I still haven't heard from most of the bunch that made it to the last meeting. If you're interested in going, please email me. On another note, there's been an interest in bringing 12v trains. I would (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG Meeting & MOC Contest

Hey TJ, My vote is for March 9! I may not be able to make it March 16 as that's a work day for me. Tom (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Meeting & MOC Contest

Howdy Texas AFOLs! The first TEXLUG meeting of 2002 will take place on March 9 or March 16 (see note 1) at Jason Spangler's house in Austin, TX. Please email me (at tja@texbrick.com) with your response. I will send out more information via email (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: Congrats to TJ!!!

(...) Thanks guys. It's kinda fun and I enjoy the work. I'm hoping to create a "one-stop-shopping" sort of reference so that people, in the future, will be able to find all the information they need. TJ (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Congrats to TJ!!!

I second Shawn's good wishes to TJ, and I submit my compliments. I was going to ask exactly what a Curator of Technic Newsgroups does until the lightbulb went on and I took a look myself...in the Technic Newsgroup!! (duh) Looks like an armload, TJ, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Congrats to TJ!!!

For those of us that don't check out half the newsgroups: Congratulations to TJ for being named curator of the Technic newsgroups. I will say it is well deserved, and we know he will do great, just like he's done organizing Texlug. Once again (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) tactics-- (...) I saw that at our new Tuesday Morning in the Hudson Valley, NY. But I also discovered that if you just push the paper against the items on the shelf, you could read the sets and prices very easily (no one was looking, of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) Uh, well, actually I'm in Northern California (I bet it was the "y'all" that had you fooled wasn't it? Not my hijacking a local thread!) But it seems the TM's are the same all over-- a let down. 'Course YTMMV (yes, could be Your Tuesday (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WTB: 7181 TIE Interceptor

(...) What city are you in? The ToysRUs in South Austin have these on sale for $70.00 (if I'm remembering correctly). Ron (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) Agree on all points. The one TM I stopped at had put all the new Lego product on an endcap. The endcap was wrapped in big sheets of clear plastic. You could obviously see the contents, even most of the prices. Nothing noted there that has not (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

  WTB: 7181 TIE Interceptor

I am looking to buy a set of the TIE Interceptor. I'm hoping soeone will sell me one at a decent price. Thanks, Chuck chuckle@atscom.net (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:Gqu399.J7B@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) this (...) right, (...) shelves (...) tactics-- (...) Ick. (...) The papered over shelves is very common at TM. All of the new (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) I know the South Austin one is open, I was just there this evening. It had NO Lego at all! I saw a couple of Lego cases in the back, but couldn't see the numbers.... Ron (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) What city are you in? I'm in Austin and the South side store had NO Lego at all today. A couple of cases in the back room but I couldn't see what they were. Ron (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) Yeah, y'all should read through the TM threads in market.shopping where this has been discussed at length (and where I'm x-posting this). TJA is right, they are unveiling more merchandise next Tuesday. I made it in this past Tuesday afternoon (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) I don't think they're open until Feb. 5th. At least that's what their website indicates. TJ (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) Someone in .market.shopping put up the complete list of what they're getting on consignment with prices. And it definitely doesn't just apply to TX, because we have many, many Tuesday Mornings here in New Jersey. LFB (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Cheap LEGO

Hello, All: Collecting today's usual junk mail, I noticed an ad for Tuesday Morning stores (delivered regularly to my mother) that indicated a closeout of all LEGO sets at $2 to $40 off, adding further that the price range was from $1.99 (!) to a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact