 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 78
Re: Meeting in March?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:26:47 GMT

I think a meeting on the 31st is our best bet.  I think we will have a
better turn out and will give us a little more time.  I don't know how
quickly the library needs a answer about this display, but I will find out.
I think one way or another we need to spend an hour or so in our meeting
confirming our intentions in future events this year.  We have plenty of
time to discuss and plan for these summer events.  I think we also need to
continue to look at some more local events for us.  I also think that Lego
community events are important and as a LUG we need to participate in some
of these upcoming events.  I know their will be some train shows and other
things that WAMALUG is going to be participating in and holding even.  I
definitely think a visit up there way is in store for us.  Brickfest will be
a good way to keep lego community ties up and working also.

Well I don't want to restate the obvious anymore.

If everyone is ok with the 31st I will reserve the room and call the meeting
schedule final.

Anyone with objections?

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Timothy D. Freshly writes:

I know that Jon said he can't make the 17th (he is leaving on a trip the
next day) but I do not recall anyone else being unavailable that day.  Like
Rich, I am not available on the 23rd, so if we are going to do a Saturday
meeting, I can only make this Saturday (the 17th) or the 31st.

I'm all for this Saturday (the 17th).  Maybe we should think about a bit
shorter meeting and maybe a group lunch somewhere (Topeka's is close by).
If there is not enough time for people to build a whole lot by then, maybe
we can use the meeting to handle more mundane matters (discuss upcoming
plans, displays, ideas, etc.).

Tim

I'm still open to either date (17th or 31st) - I agree with Tim about the
idea of a shorter meeting with maybe a focus more on organizing than
building, etc. - especially if we do go ahead and get something together for
the 17th.  Then folks wouldn't have to worry so much about getting stuff
ready for a "big" meet in just a few days.

If we do delay until the 31st then I think maybe a longer meeting might be
in order since (by my own rambling logic) that would mean we have more time
to plan, etc.

For either meeting I'm still willing to bring some video and a vcr if Chris
can lug along the monitor.  Also I have my videos on cd-rom in mpg format so
if anyone has a laptop with Media Player or Quicktime on it we could always
check them out that way too.

G.