 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 71
Re: Library Display (vs. BrickFest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:49:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Rich Schoonover writes:
As some of you know we were asked to do a display at the library in July.

[snipped a part]

I definitely still want to
do the library display - but I (and maybe others) will just have to think
about which audience to show off the best stuff for - random strangers or
devoted LEGO fanatics.

I had the same problem when I did a display in our library. I figured that
the largest amount of people who visit are in the 'random strangers'
category so I needed something to catch their interest[1].
I filled two cabinets[2]: one with mocs and one with sets and other LEGO
stuff (Ultimate LEGO Book, keychains, cap). Adults/older kids are probably
also interested in a little history (perhaps also nostalgia) or about the
collecting side of the hobby.
On the other hand the younger kids probably just want to see a lot of LEGO
so I made a display so there was plenty for them to see.[3]
For pictures of the display see:
See also this message:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=27483

-Frank

[1] I experienced that the Dragon sculpture does a great job for this: it's
big, green and cute. The most people said that that attracted their
attention to see the rest of the display.
[2] I chose closed cabinets because it had to be possible to leave all the
stuff unattended at times.
[3] The cabinets were set up so there was a lot of things visible from all
sides. I found that diorama style worked better than just putting MOCs on a
shelf. The most viewers said that it was nice to see the minifigs 'interact'
with the models on display.