 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 268
Re: October Meeting and Upcoming Events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:33:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Bert Waters writes:
Do we want to borrow/buy the tables with the 18 inch poly to
keep out hands. I believe the protection is important for a show with 15000
people attending.

Maybe it's because I came in late on the discussion on Saturday but I'm
confused about what tables are available for the November show.  I thought
Les said the Science Museum could provide tables for the event if we needed
them.  It seems like it was said that these are rented tables but that
RichLUG wouldn't have to pay - the cost would be absorbed by RF&P(is that
true?).  Are these tables supposed to come with protective barriers?

Or does RF&P have tables with barriers that we can borrow that are different
from the ones the Museum would provide? Or do they just have barriers that
we can borrow that work with the tables?

Finally, was it suggested that they could actually build and sell us tables
by the November show?  I'm willing to chip in on tables but it just seems
unlikely that they're going to be able to turn out new tables for us by the
first of November (or do they have already built tables for sale?).

Sorry for the confusion and barrage of questions but it seems like we keep
talking about borrowing/buying/renting tables/barriers/etc interchangeably
as if they're all viable options for the November show.

Greg

P.S. I also know that some of these answers depend upon what Bert finds out.
I'm just trying to figure out what we think our options are going to be.

The SMVA will rent and pay for tables for our use. We need to let them know
how many we need. I need to find out how much space we will have
and get some guidance from RF&P about how many tables we can use. I liked
Greg's design with (10?) tables where tables were doubled up.I also drew one
with two doubled up front tables and two on each side. I think Tim added
another table for a dog leg. So we may want 8 to 10 3x6 or 31/2x6 tables.

Also we have the option of purchasing (or borrowing I hope) light tables with
18 inch poly barriers at cost from RF&P. I left a message with Brent and will
try to get back to you once he responds. The SMVA tables probably do not have
barriers.
We may be able to purchase just the barriers. I have lots of questions too.
Brent is the display expert and President of RF&P. I think he can answer all of
our questions.

Bert