 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 267
Re: October Meeting and Upcoming Events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:44:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Bert Waters writes:
Do we want to borrow/buy the tables with the 18 inch poly to
keep out hands. I believe the protection is important for a show with 15000
people attending.

Maybe it's because I came in late on the discussion on Saturday but I'm
confused about what tables are available for the November show.  I thought
Les said the Science Museum could provide tables for the event if we needed
them.  It seems like it was said that these are rented tables but that
RichLUG wouldn't have to pay - the cost would be absorbed by RF&P(is that
true?).  Are these tables supposed to come with protective barriers?

Or does RF&P have tables with barriers that we can borrow that are different
from the ones the Museum would provide? Or do they just have barriers that
we can borrow that work with the tables?

Finally, was it suggested that they could actually build and sell us tables
by the November show?  I'm willing to chip in on tables but it just seems
unlikely that they're going to be able to turn out new tables for us by the
first of November (or do they have already built tables for sale?).

Sorry for the confusion and barrage of questions but it seems like we keep
talking about borrowing/buying/renting tables/barriers/etc interchangeably
as if they're all viable options for the November show.

Greg

P.S. I also know that some of these answers depend upon what Bert finds out.
I'm just trying to figure out what we think our options are going to be.