 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 265
Re: October Meeting and Upcoming Events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:02:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Timothy D. Freshly writes:
Just wanted to thank everyone for a great meeting (as always).  It was a
pleasure speaking with Les.  He had some good ideas and it is nice to know
that they want us to participate.  We need to start planning our layout
meetings.  Rich and I had tentatively discussed starting next Tuesday night
(October 9).  Is this still OK, Rich?  Is it doable for everyone else?

Also, the rest of the month in preparation for the Nov. 3 opening os the
RF&P show will need to be solidified.  Rich said that he was generally
available on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.  It would be nice to have the
basic layout complete and mocked up by the 17th so that we would still have
time to fill in any gaps with last minute creations.  We could then do final
mock up on the 23rd and pack everything up on Wednesday, October 24.  Set
up, IIRC, starts at the SMV on Wednesday, October 31.  We will need to
organize set up as well (for example, maybe set up tables and lighting on
the 31st, track and buildings on the 1st and final touches - people,
vehicles, etc - on the 2nd).

How does this sound as a general timetable?

Tim

The timetable sounds good to me. I will try to be at Rich's on the 9th. All of
my track is already there.

I should have the layout info from Brent tomorrow. I left a message at his home
this afternoon. Do we want to borrow/buy the tables with the 18 inch poly to
keep out hands. I believe the protection is important for a show with 15000
people attending. I have a new red brick schoolhouse type building. My train
station, crossings & other sets can be used as filler once we have all of the
mocs in place.

Bert