 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 172
Re: RichLUG display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Greg Perry writes:
Stephen - thanks for the pictures and the update.  I bought film yesterday
and am planning to hit the library at lunchtime to take pictures myself.  I
guess I'll just wait until then to find out some of the details I'm
interested in regarding the zeppelins (such as which one fell?, did it
damage anything below it?, was stuff re-assembled or is it just a heap of
bricks?, etc.)  I'm also going to haul some small baseplates and blue bricks
with me to see if I can quickly construct some little stands for the
zeppelins so that they can have a little bit of height.  Guess I should have
at least gone with the double-hook plan.  Next time I'll know better.

Made it to the library as planned. I cleaned up the shattered remains of the
Ninja Zeppelin (crazy ninjas! they just had to have a cannon on their
zeppelin didn' they?).  I built some stands for the remaining zeppelins and
positioned them around the display.  The Yellow Sub is rising up behind the
Embassy; the pirate ship is landing on the Hotel, and the Islanders and
Knights are hovering near the Castle.

I took a couple of rolls of pictures which I'm going to get developed this
weekend directly to disc so I can upload them to Brickshelf.  I'll post a
message when they're available.

Had a couple of folks stop and express their amazement at and thanks for the
display.  One little tyke of 6 years was disappointed that he couldn't join
up with RichLUG.  His mother told him it was something he "would have to
shoot for."

G.