 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 134
Re: June 2nd Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:03:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Bert Waters writes:
I was wondering if anyone was interested in changing the agenda
for the June meeting? Instead of meeting to put together the July display, we
could discuss the display while traveling to Manassas to see the WAMALTC
display. It is about 2 hours or less each way and we could spend two hours
there. I know it is short notice, but I would enjoy seeing this
http://www.wamalug.org/ display. We could create our display over several days
once the space is empty in late June or early July. If no one is interested in
Manassas then I will still plan to bring all of my trains to the meeting.
Also, The Tuesday Morning stores in Richmond have Lego! Check the shopping
newsgroup for more info. I bought a few there and will bring them to the
meeting.
Bert

While I wouldn't mind checking out the WAMALTC display some time I'm not
particularly interested in doing it this weekend.  I spent many, many hours
on I-95 this past weekend and I'm a little burned out on "road trippin'".  I
don't want to be a partypooper though so if a majority would rather do that
then have the regular meeting that's okay with me.

Another idea is that maybe we could do both by first meeting at the Library
for a couple of hours and then those who wanted to could head up to No.VA
for the afternoon.

Also, I think a lot of the same display would probably be at BrickFest in
July and I plan to be at all 3 Days of that event.

I think Bert's right that it might take us more than one day to get the
display right.  At the moment I'm still planning on Sat. 6/30 to be the main
day we work on the display. I'm only going to have a few hours at most to
devote to it that day.  If necessary maybe it's something we can work on
during the evenings of the following week.

Regarding Bert's mention of the LEGO sales at Tuesday Morning stores -
that's another reason why I don't want to take a trip on Sat. that could
potentially have me facing the temptation of a visit to the Store.  I've
blown my budget big-time with Brickbay and the T.M. sales - I just hit the
one on W. Broad yesterday - there's still tons of stuff there.

That's it from me.

G.