Re: Medieval Brikwars in November!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:59:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

As for the game setup itself - how does loosely-medieval-historical
context with fantasy elements sound?  That is, no gunpowder, but
skeletal warriors, dragons (?), magic users, trolls, dwarves, catapults,
trebuchets, ballistas, battering rams, and some alternative creatures
are all okay.  Emphasis on time-frame and overall ambiance, not
historical accuracy.  Castles/structures to defend are fine, as some
people will presumably prefer to forage and attack (ahem *cough cough*).

To be clear, we're talking about TL2 and below, and everything to be bought
with the BW2000 rules.  Given that TL, I think that 350 points ought to be
enough for *anybody*... in fact, we might want to consider an even lower
number.  When you aren't putting together big Mecha and loading them down with
Mark 47 lasers, the points don't fly nearly as quickly.

We are, however, also saying that we want to include the Supernatural Powers
rules, especially for things like wizards.  Try and think of everything in
terms of D&D or Tolkein, and you'll get the basic idea.

Well, there you have it.  Please let me know which day(s) work best for
you, and I will have my trusty administrative assistant tally the
results (Eric J., are you listening? ;).

What?  When did I become... oh, nevermind.  Yeah, boss, I'll get right on it.

<grumble grumble>

eric