Re: Medieval Brikwars in November!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Hi All!

I would like to invite any/all interested NELUGgers to a medieval-themed
Brikwars event at my place.  We have a dedicated LEGO-room at our new
place that is pretty sizable, and can certainly accomodate a huge
battefield - perhaps, if it's grandiose enough, we can even leave it set
up and continue the battle the next day.  I won't even charge admission-
the only drawback is that we live right outside of Portsmouth, NH, about
75 minutes north of Boston.  A small price to pay, hopefully ... my
guess is that with the amazing castle-themed things that have been
turned out over the past year (Eric K's Inn and Church, Dave E.'s
village, Chris P.'s college, and many more that I am certainly
forgetting) we could have a stunning layout for many troops to run
around in, and get some great pics out of it.  Plus, in a medieval
format, distance weapons are limited and rarer, so formations ,
movement, and the troops are more important than big guns!

The date is somewhat flexible, and will be tailored to the greatest
turnout.  I'm leaning towards Nov. 18th or 19th, though the 25th or 26th
are also possibilities if they're more convenient for more people.

While I would LOVE to do this I really can't commit to anything right now with
the Baby and all.  I suppose there is a chance I could do something but don't
plan around me.  Most of my efforts at the moment are focused on the Train show
on Dec 2nd and 3rd.

Actually that brings up a good point.  Even if I can't make it you are welcome
to use whatever tables we can complete by then.  Again my time commitment is
hazy but I am going to try and do a couple this weekend.

Otherwise even if I can't make it you are welcome to use the Church and Inn if
someone can pick them up and drop them back off again.

As for the game setup itself - how does loosely-medieval-historical
context with fantasy elements sound?  That is, no gunpowder, but
skeletal warriors, dragons (?), magic users, trolls, dwarves, catapults,
trebuchets, ballistas, battering rams, and some alternative creatures
are all okay.  Emphasis on time-frame and overall ambiance, not
historical accuracy.  Castles/structures to defend are fine, as some
people will presumably prefer to forage and attack (ahem *cough cough*).

Well, there you have it.  Please let me know which day(s) work best for
you, and I will have my trusty administrative assistant tally the
results (Eric J., are you listening? ;).

Ahhh.. So that's Eric's new Job...

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/