Re: Sidenote (was Re: AHEM)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 23:06:14 GMT

Hey...we did pretty well...i seem to remember killing a few minotours or
something.
We actually held our own until Joe pulled that ILLEGAL (89 CP!?!?!?!?)
dragon out of his behind!

Tom D
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne McCaul" <wmccaul@NOSPAMattbi.com>
To: <lugnet.org.us.nelug@lugnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 4:31 PM
Subject: Sidenote (was Re: AHEM)

Actually, I find is sort of odd that both Tom and I are glossed over in
favor of attacking Shaun. I mean, Smith & Wesson may make the gun, but • they
don't fire the bullets.

I totally blew it (can't speak for how Tom might feel).

I should have known better what to expect and have worked somewhat with
Shaun to get a better grasp of the magic element and other strategic
stratagems... er... Which is too bad, because I do consider myself a fair
strategist. I do okay most of the time, and can put up a much better fight
than that without question.

I blame it on the whole fish-out-of-water thing.

I think the terrain didn't really help. That mountain is big and took up a
lot of the battlefield. With no flying units, and pretty much a mass of
ground units with nowhere to slowly go. I think there was way too much • going
on. Personally, I think it would be more fun to have the armies scaled • back
a bit to make the turns go a little quicker. More room to maneuver and
places to hide (say, a fire-proof bunker or two?!?) could also improve the
funzo-level.

Just my lousy two-center.

-Evil Wayne