  Re: A one time thing?

(...) Since this request was made, there has been quite a bit of discussion off-line about whether Shiri's attendance at our next NELUG meeting should be allowed or not. As may be expected, making such decisions is never easy nor quick, so let us (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: A one time thing?

(...) Well, all I can say, after having met Shiri at Brickfest 2000 and 2001, is that it is your loss. Jeff (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: A one time thing?/community

(...) What is NELUG's rule reguarding visitors? I saw no statement about this on the NELUG website. This is what I understand Shiri to be requesting, to be a guest at one meeting in order to say goodbye to her local Lego community - a closure of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: A one time thing?/community

(...) This is a good question. What is our policy on guests? Could we start a policy for guests where the guest has to be invited by a member who is also attending the function. This member would then be responsible for that guest. By having this (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: A one time thing?

(...) Considering the special circumstances and that Shiri is an integral part of this virtual community and your geographic community, why not hold a special function in a public locale and not attach the moniker of NELUG to it in any way, shape or (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: A one time thing?/community

(...) Jonathan, You are a relatively new member so I guess you might not have known about the history and extent of the rule. To clarify, guests must meet the rules for membership. Therefore any guest must be 18 years old or older. (...) This has (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: A one time thing?/community

(...) I just wanted to clarify: this issue *is* up for debate. Anyone can discuss this issue. Whether or not NELUG policy will see reform is also up for debate. Whether or not the policies of other LUGs see this rule is up for discussion. Any effort (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A one time thing?/community

(...) Why follow this up to off-topic.debate? It's actually off-topic for the .off-topic groups, whereas it's on-topic for lugnet.org.us.nelug. Just because you're debating something, don't knee-jerk assume it should go to the off-topic groups... At (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)