Subject:
Brandeis Room info (BrikWars 4/29)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:41:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

OK, I just got off the phone with the Event Management folk at Brandeis, and we
can, indeed, get a room for Saturday the 29th.  Problem:  As soon as I
mentioned the need for a table, the price of the room took a little hike:
$75.

Now, in my mind, this is still a good deal, because we donated more than that
to the Museum of Industry for the last meeting, and that was had on the floor
and at their mercy- which, as we've all said many times, was very, very
generous, and they were absolutely wonderful hosts... but there's a big
difference between being a guest and being a paying customer.

I asked for the room from 10 to 7pm, although we could probably shift that if
we needed to (didn't want to get there that early, thought we might want to
stay later, etc).

Anyhow, I did NOT commit us to the room yet.  I said I would call back in a
couple of days to confirm the reservation to give us time to discuss it.  So,
it's not *quite* as cheap as we thought it was, but it's not really all that
expensive, either.

Discuss?  Anyone?

eric