Re: Brandeis Room info (BrikWars 4/29)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:54:57 GMT

I agree about the money - it's no problem to me, I'm more than willing to pay to
see all your troops grovel for mercy.  $75 for a full day seems fine.  How big is
this table, by the way?  If we needed to cut corners, we could always go without
... I had no problem crawling around on the floor at the museum.  (what does that
drop the price to, by the way?)

On another note, what is the ideal time frame for people?  I'm flexible, though I
tend to have an inkling towards starting early and going until we're done (Note to
Eric J.- this plan works best without festivities the night before ;)

Like I said, though, I'm accomodating.

shaun

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
OK, I just got off the phone with the Event Management folk at Brandeis, and • we
can, indeed, get a room for Saturday the 29th.  Problem:  As soon as I
mentioned the need for a table, the price of the room took a little hike:
$75.

Now, in my mind, this is still a good deal, because we donated more than that
to the Museum of Industry for the last meeting, and that was had on the floor
and at their mercy- which, as we've all said many times, was very, very
generous, and they were absolutely wonderful hosts... but there's a big
difference between being a guest and being a paying customer.

I asked for the room from 10 to 7pm, although we could probably shift that if
we needed to (didn't want to get there that early, thought we might want to
stay later, etc).

Anyhow, I did NOT commit us to the room yet.  I said I would call back in a
couple of days to confirm the reservation to give us time to discuss it.  So,
it's not *quite* as cheap as we thought it was, but it's not really all that
expensive, either.

Discuss?  Anyone?

The $75 is OK with me although we might be able to buy our own table for that
much :-).  Because we are paying I would not suggest tipping.  I also assume
there is no problem bring in our own food.  Some places require you use their
food service if you want food.

I would say sign up for it.  If we each have to pay between $10 and $20 for the
room it is worth it to me.