Re: Large (!) Lego collection available in SE Mass
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 23:27:00 GMT

Is there anyone in NELUG that would be interested in going in as a group and
checking this out.  Then if we decided to purchase it as a group it could be
fun to divy it out amongst the participants or even putting the sets back
together and putting some of it on Ebay to make our money back.  (depending on
how much Paul wants for the lot of course).

Anyway I can't do it on my own but if we have a group that is interested post
here and we can talk to Paul and set something up.

Eric Kingsley

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Burden writes:
Hello - I just joined this group for the sole reason of finding a home (via
sale) of the very large collection of Legos which my 2 sons accumulated
during the years (approx) 1978-1985.
...I live in SE Mass, and I need someone to visit, because the parts are all
sorted by piece-type but not by set! (sorry).  I also have many, many boxes,
directions, etc.
...There are vast amounts of track, switches, etc. for the 4.5 trains (we
had about 7-8 sets), and also lots of space, Expert Builder, boats, yellow
castle, town stuff.
...I have a list of all the boxes & instructions in Excel, and that gives a
pretty good idea of what's involved.  Of course, there are more parts than
just those sets require, because some boxes were inevitably destroyed,
tossed out, etc.  Also, I'm sure some parts were lost ... but you'd never
know it from the huge pile I'm looking at!
...Please contact me if you are within driving distance of Foxboro Stadium,
where the New England Patriots play - I'm about 15 minutes from there.  I
can email you the Excel list, and you can decide if it's worth your while to
see what I've got first-hand. Thank you!!!!!
...PaulB