Re: Large (!) Lego collection available in SE Mass
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 22:24:58 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Wayne McCaul writes:
I'm under the impression that this is for ourselves.
Am I mistaken?

Thats how I meant it.  This would be for participants only and to be divided
amongst them for their own collections and/or for auction and proceeds
divided proportionately amongst the participants.

Eric Kingsley

Is that not up for discussion?

Of course it can be up for discussion.

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for.

What are you thinking?

I'm not proposing anything. I had at first thought a fraction may be
kept by the club (like the 12v trains for train setups) or be translated
into cash toward the group's LEGO collection. But it's not important. I
just misunderstood.

I do want to edit my previous 'chime in' though. I wouldn't be
interested in going in on this collection for any reason other than the
group's benefit.

If your idea is not club related, perhaps it would be more appropriate
in a .loc group.

If you think thats more appropriate we can do that.  I just like dealing with
the folks I know.  I guess I would suggest waiting until Paul gets back to us
first and then we can move the discussion if necessary.

I certainly won't ask to move the thread. Again, sorry.. I just hope for
us all (NELUG members, that is) to be careful about this kind of thing.
That is, any profitable activity calling for clarification as to "club
vs. non-club." It makes me nervous.

[sigh] I'm having a bad day here (unrelated to this forum). Can you tell?

I think I'll get away from my computer now.

-Suz