Re: Factory building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:17:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
They're 3x4, believe it or not.  I don't think you can cram 3x4 studs worth of
brick into them, though- that's an external measure.

That's okay, most of them will be empty.  I'll just have one or two that are
open.

I found an unopened set with a crate in it.  The crates are going to be too
large.  I instead made some 2x2x2 yellow boxes.  I even found a delivery van
with a picture of the boxes on its side.
So thanks for the offer, but I'm fine now.

I meant to mention before, I have some rather old bricks with "LEGO" and
"LEGOLand" printed on them- if they would help with the concept of the factory
being a LEGO factory, I can bring them to the setup and you can see if they
would fit anywhere in the model.  I'd rather not leave them loose as a "lego
box", but if they could be inserted in a wall or something...

Hadn't thought too much about putting the a 'lego' brick on the building.  I
think a 1x2 with the name lego on it would work near the door.  I think I
have one, if not I'll let you know before setup.

Another idea that keeps bouncing around in my head is to add four large
letters to the side of the smoke stack.  Still working on that one.

The lego brick idea didn't work so well, but the large logo did.

Since I share a road plate with Tom Duggan (C11), I was wondering if it
would be possible for Tom to build a part of my sidewalk?  It would save
some setup time.  If you can, then I'll continue your sidewalk on C9-C10.

Jonathan Dallas