 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1039 (-20)
  Re: 4 new pics of Suz's stuff in NELUG display at TCS.

Thanks Dave, I was feeling a bit incomplete after that. I need to go and buy MP&THG because my VCR ate my copy :^( ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 4 new pics of Suz's stuff in NELUG display at TCS.

(...) "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!" "Be quiet!" "You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!" "Shut up!" "Why, if I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) going (...) Ouch that sounds nasty but I get the Pun. My answer at the moment is I don't know. It all depends on what everyone else wants to do. As was mentioned earlier if we need to we can take out some roads to allow for more MOC's and if (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes: Snip (...) This is AWESOME. You guys are great. Now, is the "King Sley Medieval Fair" still part of the layout?. I'm working on an Ferris Wheel, it is on a 36x36 studs baseplate. Please let me know if (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Connected streets( was: Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

Nice work, Eric K. One comment... "regular" MR layouts often don't connect all the streets. Since what you are doing is a seris of scenes, you often get better visual separation if you have streets run off the edge of the "map" and not connect to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) Eric, this is awesome. You are, as ever, da man. eric (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) OK try this, Please note you can click on the Gray areas to see what is going to be there. (Don't have a pic of my station yet, sorry). (URL) should give you an idea of where we stand. So in order for me to keep this updated please try and (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) Sure I can try that. What I will try and do is make a close approximation of the footprint of the buildings and place them on the layout. I might have time for this tonight. Actually I have a couple other ideas floating in my head now too. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) Since I assume you're going to be co-ordinating this, is there any chance you might grey out the areas that have been spoken for, maybe typing in a short descriptor of what is going to be in that spot? It would give those of us who haven't (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: 4 new pics of Suz's stuff in NELUG display at TCS.

(...) A LEGO employee is probably a Monty Python fan, the Soccertruck also had this scene in the castle display: (URL) the top of the rightmost tower! Monty Python rules :-) "I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king" "Look, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Greenburg Show...Where do we stand?

(...) Check this post out: (URL) (...) Well the tables are done. Now we need to decide if we are going to paint them or not. Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Choose your building site for the train layout.

FYI, I already sent this to our mailing list. Please respond to either. OK here we go. Here is the layout with a coordinate system around it. (URL) way I see this working is that people will pick the areas that they plan to build on by selecting an (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Greenburg Show...Where do we stand?

Hi all, I know there has been some talk about the Greenburg show, but have been unable to respond due to some e-mail and lugnet problems. I was just wondering where we stand as far as scenery goes? I know Eric has a street scene, and I have a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: 4 new pics of Suz's stuff in NELUG display at TCS.

Sounds like something Hugh Heffner would make :-) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

PNLTC uses black costume taffeta picked up at fabric stores -- right now it's a steal as it should be on close-out after Halloween. Also confirming, we've never been asked to show a fire rating -- and that's displaying with a great range in nature (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) I wasn't as interested in what order the things occur in mathematically as I was in making sure I understood how the dice made the transition from Skill dice to Range. For example, you don't convert 1d6 to 3.5 and use the formula, or roll the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) That's why in real life you try to throw grenades through, around, or over obstacles that you can then hide behind. And also I think that bad things should happen to any unit who rolls ones. (...) That's about the size of it. You could also (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Well, there's something you don't hear often. (...) Ok, already I have a fairly universal question about this formula. The standard trooper has 1d6 skill, and 1 power. We'll assume he's trying to throw something with a mass of 1, as well. So, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Gah, slings! Neil is absolutely right of course, the slings (and the Throwing Things rules) are way unbalanced. Over e-mail he and I argued the matter back and forth and came up with the following revisions: Throwing Things: ---...--- The old (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) We'd love to have you! (...) Then we'd *really* love to have you! :D (...) Well, when you say you aren't "proficient", I assume it's because you haven't played before. Don't worry about that... the game is actually pretty simple. If you sit (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact