Subject:
Choose your building site for the train layout.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 02:37:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

FYI,  I already sent this to our mailing list.  Please respond to either.

OK here we go.

Here is the layout with a coordinate system around it.

http://www.nelug.org/layout/layout2a.gif

The way I see this working is that people will pick the areas that they plan to
build on by selecting an area using this coordinate system.  People would
include what they plan to be on that area as well.

Now you don't need to select entire baseplates.  You may select a portion of a
baseplate if you need it.  This would be the case if you take an entire green
baseplate and would like to include the 8 stud width from that baseplate to the
street.

For Example:

Mr. J Livingson writes:

I would like G10 and H10 along with the area between the street and those
baseplates in G9 and H9 to build a factory and warehouse.

Things like railroad cars and vehicles for the street are different in that I
hope we all just bring what we can and we will use them where needed.

So basically just try and be explicit as needed when a partial baseplate is to
be taken.

This will be on a First come First serve/Best fit basis.  This means that if
you want a factory in the middle of a residential area I will probably ask you
to move it if it doesn't fit the "Zoneing" of that area.  I also want to
accomidate as many people as possible so if we start running out of space I may
ask those with large areas to try and cut back to allow someone else to
participate.

Let me be the first to select an area:

Now I have several creations but I am going to limit my current selection and
leave the rest just in case we need them.  This will seem like a lot but they
are mostly roadplates and plates with track on them.

I will also offer to give back some of this if needed.

I will take H1-L1, H2-L2, H3-L3, L4, and the area North of the Tracks on J4 and
K4 I will also include the 8 stud area between my selected area and the street
on plates G1,G2,G3,H3,I3, and I4 (North of the Tracks).

For this area I plan on my Mainstreet scene, my Church, and a small Commuter
Rail Station.

Second, I have already talked with Tom Duggan because his scene fits well with
mine being of a similar style and he will be taking D1-F1, D2-F2 and the space
between his area and the street on plates C1,C2,G1,G2.  This is for Tom's
Mainstreet scene.  Tom may also select an area for other creations as well
including his fire stations but we didn't talk about those.

Again as things come in I will try and make notes on the Layout and if we need
to rework things we will.  To keep tabs on who has what check this image that I
will try and keep updated as much as possible.

http://www.nelug.org/layout/layout2b.gif

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

--