  Choose your building site for the train layout.

FYI, I already sent this to our mailing list. Please respond to either. OK here we go. Here is the layout with a coordinate system around it. (URL) way I see this working is that people will pick the areas that they plan to build on by selecting an (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) Since I assume you're going to be co-ordinating this, is there any chance you might grey out the areas that have been spoken for, maybe typing in a short descriptor of what is going to be in that spot? It would give those of us who haven't (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) Sure I can try that. What I will try and do is make a close approximation of the footprint of the buildings and place them on the layout. I might have time for this tonight. Actually I have a couple other ideas floating in my head now too. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) OK try this, Please note you can click on the Gray areas to see what is going to be there. (Don't have a pic of my station yet, sorry). (URL) should give you an idea of where we stand. So in order for me to keep this updated please try and (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) Eric, this is awesome. You are, as ever, da man. eric (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Connected streets( was: Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

Nice work, Eric K. One comment... "regular" MR layouts often don't connect all the streets. Since what you are doing is a seris of scenes, you often get better visual separation if you have streets run off the edge of the "map" and not connect to (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes: Snip (...) This is AWESOME. You guys are great. Now, is the "King Sley Medieval Fair" still part of the layout?. I'm working on an Ferris Wheel, it is on a 36x36 studs baseplate. Please let me know if (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) going (...) Ouch that sounds nasty but I get the Pun. My answer at the moment is I don't know. It all depends on what everyone else wants to do. As was mentioned earlier if we need to we can take out some roads to allow for more MOC's and if (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) I was just kidding. I have a castle that fits in a 32x32 baseplate just in case. (...) Doh!... I meant 32x32 baseplate. (...) I will take some during the weekend. I haven't finish it yet. (...) I'm not too picky, any spot will work. Jorge F. (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

Hello, I've posted some (poorly illuminated) pictures of the Ferris Wheel for the Greenburg Train Show. It's motorized by a Lego micromotor. Check here: (URL) still working on the fiber optics... (I may scratch that idea if I don't get it right). (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) Jorge, Your Ferris Wheel looks great. I tentatively added it to the layout although depending on what others decide to bring this could change if a more appropriate spot is found. (URL) Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Choose your building site for the train layout.

(...) I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for choosing the spot. Please let me know if I can help you with anything regarding this event (or any other NELUG activity). Jorge F. (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)