 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / *255 (-20)
  Re: Meeting this weekend June 30th. Everyone ready!!!

"Rich Schoonover" <rwschoonover@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:GFGzBH.1w0@lugnet.com... (...) At the Raleigh GATS show this weekend I was approached by a gentleman from the Richmond Museum of Science (or something similar to that). Next April (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) We had a kids table. It was definitely a hit. I think it was occupied most of the show. (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

To All, Wow, your display looks really awesome. There is so much to say, but it is great! I noticed there is a kids table, perhaps? Is that for one of those workshops, or another purpose? I loved the trailer too, at MichLUG's Contraption show this (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

Nice photography shoot, Mike. I for one doubted that as a group we could pull this together, but I am delighted with how well it came off. It was a real joy to be there today. Although this is nothing new, it is a real affirmation of how many kids (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) Mike get used to that,we had 3 or 4 groups walk up to us and ask us to display at there next show.It's a great"problem" to have:-) (...) Hee one of mine and one of Scott Sanburns did the same thing at our last show even with both having new (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) And here they are: (URL) comment on: (URL) were intended to document my gratuitous use of grey 1x8 tiles to make a 4 track level crossing. Of course you can't see the part under the 12v track. This used perhaps 1/4 of my grey 1x8 tiles. Frank (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GFELAx.HBo@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) Commentary: All in all - a great first day and a great first "real" [1] event for NCLUG. The GATS people have been very easy to work through this as (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) Correction- 7815 and 7819... Frank (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) how to use my space. Some quick negotiation with Cary allowed use to fit the 12v loop in. Thomas Main provided most of the track (I could have done the whole loop but I don't have remote turnouts or the signal tracks, I might have also had to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) (URL) you did open space bridges! Very cool. I especially like that you did a monorail bridge. Second, that triangular bolton tray visible in the back inner corner seems a neat idea. Did you get that idea yourself? Does it help strengthen the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) Mike, you might want to post a link to the track plan. (...) circle of track and provided another simple source of animation. (...) Well, I've got more pictures I need to upload, but I'll give some commentary on the setup and first day of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

Mike, Cool! You and your club have a super layout! I love all of the eye candy! Nice to see 12v trains at a US train show, wish I could see them in person. And I like the white and black Metroliner like train with 4 club cars! ((URL) up the great (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

Mike all that stuff looks great, and all you hard work seems to have paid off, good job on getting that display built! That's great! Wow there is so much to see! Excelent display! Eric www.brickshelf.com/c...Legomaster (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

Wow! Looks great, that's a huge layout for your first show, excellent job. I can't way for the commentary. I really want to hear about the polarity switches on the controllers, what did they control? (URL) this cracked me up, what a great idea: (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

Here is a quick upload of pictures from the first day of our GATS show. More commentary will follow later tonight. (URL) Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Users Group (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - Brick (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: clearance on side of tracks

(...) Interesting. I'd assert that the clearance needed on the inside is a function of the width of rolling stock and the maximum distance kingpin to kingpin (the longer a car, the more the center overhangs the inside of the curve). I'd assert that (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: clearance on side of tracks

My rule of thumb is to attach 2x3 bricks to the inside of a curve's ties and make sure that the building comes no closer than that (i.e., the building is always 2 studs away from the inside curve.) The outside may require even more clearance, but I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: clearance on side of tracks

(...) Well first here is a link to the most recent NELUG layout. (URL) your building is on the outside of the curve of track you don't have a problem. (By that I mean really close to not "on top of"). The inside corners are what you really need to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  clearance on side of tracks

Any suggestions on a general rule as to how much space is prudent to leave on either side of track for a variety of trains to easily negotiate around curves? This is for NCLUG/NCLTC's upcoming GATS. I am trying to plan my plot layout. I have one (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Robotics Club in Norfolk, VA

Hi. I'm putting together a robotics/Mindstorms user group in Norfolk, VA. If you are interested in participating, or have any advice for me on how to get started or reach potential members, please let me know. As soon as I get a few people together (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.va.nor, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact