 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 252
Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:29:37 GMT

Nice photography shoot, Mike. I for one doubted that as a group we could
pull this together, but I am delighted with how well it came off. It was
a real joy to be there today.

Although this is nothing new, it is a real affirmation of how many kids
love LEGO and would be at least marginally entertained by LEGO trains,
and how many parents would happily pick up where their kids leave off
and keep the interest growing.

What the pictures can't capture is the throngs of amazed adults and kids
alike. Sometimes I would hear an adult say "OK, let's move on" and the
kid respond "No! Wait, there's more!" That, and 'Wow' factor made this
all more than worthwhile.

Cary

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Here is a quick upload of pictures from the first day of our GATS show.
More commentary will follow later tonight.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot