Re: GATS Layout Picture (Temporary)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 00:26:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
To All,

Here is the current one, updates will follow!

Scott

Is this one newer???

I like it a lot. There is one change I would make, though. At the bottom of
the central hollow you have an arrangment of sidings. I would rearrange
those a bit to make there be one really LONG siding with turnouts at both
ends and maybe a spur off the middle of one.

Recall from the January show that we really could have used a long siding to
stage new trains onto and off from, that was located at the center and that
did not require us to take one of the loops out of service while we staged
the new train.

I figure that this siding was for that.

Unless you had this in mind as an industrial area, that is.

One other change I would suggest is to arrange for a crossover between the
two loops somewhere if it can be squeezed in.

Looking good though. The monorail bridge should be spiffy.