Re: Things needed for the shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 21:53:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott E. Sanburn writes:
Tony & All,

What kinds of things do you want me to do? I dont have much interest (or
money) in trains right now, so what kind of landscape work do you need?

A lighthouse? I am building one, thinking of scrapping. Will continue if
needed.

Tony are you talking about buildings for both the GR show and FR show?

A lighthouse would be good. The last show we did, we didn’t have one. We did
not have a power plant. We don’t have a truck stop. We don’t have a sawmill.
We don’t have a food store. We don’t have strip malls. I just made a small
one a couple days ago. (Two buildings). I thought a putt putt and go-cart
place would be neat. We have a thought of making a theme park. If anyone has
an idea on how to make a roller costar that would be cool to have. A water
ride would be relatively simple to do. We don’t have a school or school
buses or a garage for the busses. We don’t have a place to sell cars. We
don’t have a park. We don’t have a campground. We don’t have a library. We
don’t have a capitol. We don’t have a clock tower. That’s all I can think of
right now. If anyone has something to add fell free to suggest something.
And if anyone has one of these items then let us know. I’m making these
suggestions on the basis of my own knowledge, not the club as a whole. I
don’t know the detail on everyone in the club. I going on what we had in the
last train show.

Indeed. Due to the limited space we might have, maybe we should keep
creations maybe one or two for each person for right now. I hope we can
eliminate most of the stock LEGO buildings. Here are a few more ideas:
I have been working on a custom Police station along with a building "under
construction" that matches my big red tower.
1) Custom Police Station
2) Custom Freight Company
3) Coast Guard
4) More residential housing (non cookie cutter for variety, older houses perhaps
5) Classic Downtown (side by side buildings)

Any word on the GATS size, Chris?
Scott right now we are still at a 16x20 foot display but he will try to get
us more space.