Re: Michlug Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 23:00:05 GMT

David & All,

I'm an AFOL in the Kalamazoo area and am interested in possibly joining this
group.  How does one do this?  Any requirements?  What activities does the
group do?

Greetings, glad you could drop a note! We were just discussing this in our
last meeting at one of our member's houses on December 15th, as well as a
massive update on our website (http://www.michlug.org) which are in the
works right now.

As I am getting together a membership pack and a few related things, let me
be the first to welcome you, and to answer some questions here:

1) The best way to join this group right now is to start participating in
our website discussions here, and to try to make it to a meeting.
There are members from South Bend to Michigan City to Lansing to Canton, so
I am sure you can get a ride if you need one.

I am working on a formal membership packet (Filled with exciting stuff!) and
some formal procedures, but it will still be a relatively easy.

Our next two events are GATS in Novi, Michigan, on January 12th and 13th

http://www.gats.com/show_schedule.php?sort=date

If you want to stop by, or to help set up our next display, we can always
use help!

Our next show is the next weekeend, a Sci-Fi / Fantasy COnvention called
Astronomical ConFusion, in Warren, Michigan, which is here:

http://www.stilyagi.org/cons/confusion.html

We will be displaying some of everything, space, castle, town, etc. We can
always use stuff for that! : )

As for procedures, we have no formal procedures or membership dues or
anything like that. if you want to add information on our site, e-mail our
webmaster, she can add your website and and / or e-mail to
michlug@michlug.org if you prefer.

As I sort of mentioned before, most of our groups activities revolve around
doing various shows around Michigan, and having semi-regular meetings (every
couple of months usually) We have fun, eat,a nd talk about any and all in
regards to our obsession....er... hobby.

You can see some of our past shows on our website and you can see my
Brickshelf gallery at

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=ssanburn

We don't really have any age requirements or anything unless you are under
18, please e-mail me for further info about that at ssanburn@skyenet.net or
sanburn@indalex.com if you are.

A little about my interest.  I enjoy building castle and town creations above
all.  I also collect pirate, train, and ninja.

Ah-hah, another town person! : ) And castle! I seem to collect a lot of
themes as well!

My most recent MOCs are on a website here...

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~d9kohrma/lego.html

Cool! Jason Spears, one of our other members, just finished an awesome hotel
as well. We can duel of the hotels or something! Yours is great, I must have
looked at that about 1o minutes ago! : )

Wow, your Panzer and decals for the officer are awesome! Great job! Hey,
Rick, you need to build a train transport for that now. ; )

Anyway, thanks for dropping a note, and if you have any questions, feel free
to e-mail me at ssanburn@skyenet.net or ssanburn@indalex.com. I would love
to hear from you. You can be the first "guinea pig" for our membership kit.

TTYL!

Scott S.