Subject:
December 15th Meeting Agenda & Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 21:21:07 GMT

To All,

I have been thinking a lot lately, especially now that MichLUG has it's
first year under its belt (And a great year it has been! : ) ) what are
plans directions will be in the near future. I have talked to man of you
here and there about a few things, and I would like some input on the
following areas that I feel we will need to address for our clubs future and
growth:

1) Welcome / Membership pack - Lynn and I have been talking (Especially
during lunch today), and we will be assembling one for each of the new
members that would like to join, and anyone who is in the club now and
wishes to have one.
We would to come up with something that might be a good bonus, we were
discussing perhaps a keychain with the MichLUG and MLTC logo on it, or
perhaps a minifig with a MichLUG / MLTC sticker. Any thoughts or suggestions
are fine, we can discuss this at the meeting. I volunteer to assemble and
pay for all of this, as I feel it is a rather important growth item we will
need. I will outline further items when we are there, such as a welcome
letter, etc.

2) Outline of a mission statement - I think our website will need to have
several items on it in the coming weeks, especially for newer people. i know
Amy will not be there, but I think we need to have a few essential items:

A) Mission Statement - What we are, and what we do. I think this needs to be
on the front page, where anyone and everyone can see it. I will draft one up
this week and bring it along, and get some input from all of you.

B) How to Join - We will need to put this on our website somehow, and maybe
have an e-mail session, I can do that easily, to start this membership stuff.

3) Final development of Under 18 policy - I know we discussed at length,
both at the meetings and online, but we need to formalize this, and put it
on the website. I will bring my writings on this, and get this done, we need
to do this.

4) Meeting New People - If we do have new people at upcoming meetings, even
this one, maybe we can have a round of introductions, so everyone meets the
new person and finds out a ltitle about him. (I am not sure how to handle
this exaactly, but I think it is important none the less!)

Anyway, I have been thinking a lot lately about these items, and since we
are in the process of having 2 huge shows in the near future, I feel if we
can get these items done,w e will be better prepared for new people and a
new year.

Any thoughts, suggestions, Killing Scott sessions, and the like, can be
directed here or by e-mailing me. Thanks for your time, I wish everyone a
joyous and happy holiday season.

Scott S.