Re: Directions! WAS: [Re: December 15th Meeting Agenda & Thoughts]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:41:03 GMT

Ill just post it here.

Just get your self to 275 and 6 mile road.
To All,

Ah-hah! I knew it was here, buried in the MichLUG archives, as I went
through various items, Shell Stations, fundraiser concerns, TSSC blowout
sales, GATS planning, MichLUG / MLTC discussions, website management, etc,
Scott blarggings. Ah, the memories! Post # 285, ladies and gentlemen, and Tony.
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/michlug/?n=285&t=f&v=a

Here are Kai's directions, address (Written by Kai, not me, ask him if you
are confused!):

Ah yes, I was planning on sending out another direction e-mail, but due to
some unexpected circumstances and a crud load of homework I was not able to
get to it last night.  Kudos to Scott for find this message in the archives,
those ramblings are extensive.  Just wish I wasnt so absent minded and so
busy, darn you Science Fair!.

Feel free to email me if one gets confused, as those directions were written
back awhile.
I corrected some of my grammatical and mechanical errors on the directions
and added in some stuff

Added some stuff:

COMING FROM THE EAST / LANSING.
Get yourself to I-96.  Take I-96 West until you junction with I-275.  Take
I-275 south.  Get off at the exit for six mile which *i belive* is 169.
Take six mile WEST.  There will be 3 traffic-lights before you get to my
street. When you find yourself at Bradner you will see a fork in the road
(sort of)ahead. My street will be the street LEFT after the third light.  It
will be labeled Waterford, and there will be a michlug sign on at the
entrance to the street, which is a fork in the road, and there is no stop
sign.  To turn on to my street you will need to take a left off of six mile,
which is very hard.  This will bring you down a pavement road. On your left
you will see what looks like a prison but really is my school ;) You will
then pass a
farm house, and come to the T-crossing of Franklin and Waterford.  Go down
Waterford.  THE DRIVE WAY AFTER THE MAILBOXES AND "NO OUTLET" SIGN IS THE
DRIVEWAY YOU WANT.  DO NOT TURN DOWN FRANKLIN, BECAUSE FRANKLY IT WILL TAKE
YOU THE WRONG DIRECTION :)  My house is big and greyish blue.  There is an
overgrown garden in the front.

FROM SOUTH/ EAST/
For those not taking an expressway get yourself going down Six Mile going
west.  Once over I-275 you can follow the directions above
For those coming from the south, get on I-275 North, exit off Six Mile road
(exit 169), and go west.  Once going west follow directions as above

There will be a sign off of Six Mile and off of Waterford directing you to
my house.  If anyone needs a sign by the expressway please let me know.

Parking Matters:
Since my driveway has limited space, and some of you may need to head out
early.  I suggest that if you plan on staying until the end of the meeting,
park in the back, for those who need to head out early try to park in the
rear or on the street, which is acceptible, but make sure one does not block
traffic.

MOC size Matters:
MOC size is unlimited, I strongly suggest you bring what ever you can, I
have plenty of room.

Food/Drink matters
I will have some pop cans and such out.  Anyone who wants to contribute is
welcome to do so.  Snacks as well will be served.  If dinner is needed, a
pizza(s) will be ordered from the local pizza delivery service (Pizza Hut,
Daminos, Hungry Howies, etc)

Any additional matters feel free to post here or email me

"Exit at 6 mile road.  Travel West down 6 mile.  You will pass A bunch of
streets.  When you find yourself at Bradner you will see a fork in the road
(sort of)ahead. The Left will take you down Waterford, the right is 6 mile
continuing.  TAKE THE LEFT.  This will bring you down a pavement road. Onyour left you will see what looks like a prison but really is my school ;)
The pavement ends after the driveway to the school.  You will then pass a
farm house, and come to the T-crossing of Franklin and Waterford.  Go down
Waterford.  THE DRIVE WAY AFTER THE MAILBOXES AND "NO OUTLET" SIGN IS THE
DRIVEWAY--ON WATERFORD.  My house is big and greyish blue.  There is an
overgrown garden in the front.  I will try to get a big sign on 6 mile and
at my house.

Map Quest it if you need any other directions.  my adress is
42700 waterford rd
Northville Mi
48167"

Scott S.