Re: GATS layout suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:35:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In most cases, it isn't necessary to have a road on more than one side of a
building. Some exceptions...

Walgreens, which was designed to be on a corner.
Shell station, which can use multiple entrances on different sides.

With this in mind, I offer the following suggestions...

Subdivision: Eliminate the center road and replace it with green plates, and put
driveways off the road on the edge and on both sides of the road with the yellow
lots showing. This gives a back yard to all the houses instead of a road on all
sides, in the same amount of space.

Downtown: Eliminate the road that forms the tiny block in the upper left. If you
can eliminate a whole column of plates downtown, you'd be able to move
everything to the right of it (including the church, gas station, etc) left one
plate. Then the road that includes the bridge could come straight up rather than
jogging to the right, and you'd have a row of plates between the road and the
railroad tracks. That's more space, plus Tony's building would be able to
strattle that road in the upper right rather than creating that new, tiny block
for him up there, and you'd have four more plates for shops or offices to the
left of his.
Amy I moved the road over.I had a enough room between big red and your white
building to slide things to the left.
Monorail: I want access :-)  I propose moving the track that runs along the left
side of the church to the right, between the church and Shell station. I'll
build a monorail stop and gift shop next to the arboretum.

Ok i moved the monorail.Keep in mind the track(mono) sits on 16 bricks then
the track itself(to keep clear for the RR track).