Re: Ambassador Train - What do we want to do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:42:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
4x16 is the base dimension, I think a standard container is 3 bricks
and two plates high of vertical surface.
it would be best not to use the two plates, stick to just 3 bricks
WORSE though... One of the containers will be "in the well" and thus
some of the space is covered and should not have a sticker on it.
If one of the stickers has less text that would be a good candidate
for the one that would need to be smaller vertically. (2 bricks high
is all that is safe, the well takes up a a brick worth of height.

Yikes, that's small. Perhaps we should skip the lettering in the Michigan map
altogether and just do the two lines of text and a blank map, perhaps
overlapping, perhaps on stripes. The top container would be Michlug since it'd
have a third line of text with URL and the MLTC container on bottom wouldn't.

That works.

Or were there going to be two cars, each with two containers?

That would also work (blank containers on the bottom because they are "in
the well"... that gives both upper containers "normal" 3 brick high space
again) but increases cost for shipping, which I was just going to suck up.

++Lar