  Line Following Monster

So - I was bored over the last couple of weekends (I had a cold and couldn't go outside and enjoy the weather). I used my time wisely and now have a 4 wheel drive car that runs on 2 RC buggy motors (I mentioned this in a previous post). I also spent (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, FTX)

  Re: Line Following Monster

(...) Cool. Which wheels are you using, and how is it geared? (how fast does it go?) (...) This sounds fun, if you can figure out how to make a line to follow, that runs over obstacles. Steve (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: Line Following Monster

(...) That sounds *very* cool. Pictures? How do you get power to all four wheels (for instance, through the turntables)? And the linkage between the front wheels? Two or three differentials? Can you add suspension? Etc., etc... (...) Does this meet (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, FTX)

  Re: Line Following Monster

(...) I am using the spoked motorcycle wheels from the Mindstorms kit (2 on the front and a "dualy" configuration on the rear...mostly for looks) The main drive is attached to the geared down output of the rc buggy motor - the only gearing down from (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, FTX)

  Re: Line Following Monster

(...) Pictures? you know how bad I am about pictures :) Power gets to the wheels through a drive shaft with 20 tooth gears at each end. Then there are gears that connect to the 24 tooth side of a differential. The front drive has ujoints that drive (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, FTX)

  Re: Line Following Monster

(...) Correction - the rest of the gearing is 1:3 (I forgot about an 8:24 connection in the drive train)...though it could easily be changed to 1:1 with a couple of 16 tooth gears. :) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, FTX)

  Re: Line Following Monster

(...) I have a Nitro Menace ((URL) that I bought because I want to turn it into something. I've been thinking about an RC car, but a line follower would be cool. I don't think it would be super-fast, and I'm not sure it would fit the Chibots rules, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)