Re: Line Following Monster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:20:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:

   The new front end is designed around two large turntables etc

That sounds *very* cool. Pictures? How do you get power to all four wheels (for instance, through the turntables)? And the linkage between the front wheels? Two or three differentials? Can you add suspension? Etc., etc...

   Now I need to shorten up the wheel base to make really sharp turns a reality.

Does this meet the size requirements for ChiBots? Even if it doesn’t set it up for line following and we’ll have a contest: your Monster vs. Trellis in a head-to-head (as in “head on”) line following event. Extra points if you can drive over your opponent and re-find the line :-). No, Trellis doesn’t have a chance, but I really *like* the mental image I’ve got here.

   Plus, like Brian Davis, I continue to work on my line following skills.

Yes, I’ve been working on that... well, actually, my line-follower can now play the opening to the Axle F theme while dancing. Hey, these things are important ;-). More seriously, how fast does it move and how are you trying to follow the line?

-- Brian Davis