Re: GBC at Indy Children's Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 02:23:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:
Hey guys,

We haven't said much about the Indy GBC on Feb 26th lately.

I didn't think we were doing a GBC @ the Children's Expo.  I thought we were
thinking of doing a 3T demo, but nothing else (and by general consensus at this
evening's meeting, we weren't all that enthusiastic about that).  I thought all
GBC efforts were going toward a really nice one at the brick event in August in
DC.  I've got almost all my good parts dedicated to 3T & NEIRG robots right now,
so if we're doing a GBC I'm not sure I would be able to contribute anything more
than a very, very simple conveyor of some sort.

I got a factory looking module together yesterday with the help of my nephew.
Pictures are at my Brickshelf folder:

It is 32x32 and my nephew, Austin, is going to give me more decorative stuff to
put on the factory.

The reliability of the factory is somewhat proven.  I used the lift mechanism
out of the Drooling Duck.  I have the factory in my little GBC loop and will get
some significant time on it over the next couple weeks to ensure it is high
reliability.

Your module looks great.  I think that is exactly the kind of appearance we are
looking for.  But I don't think that it is absolutely necessary that every
module be enclosed like that.  I think some exposed conveyors/lift mechanisms
would be beneficial as well.

John