Re: GBC at Indy Children's Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 03:24:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, John Brost wrote:

I thought we were thinking of doing a 3T demo, but nothing else
(and by general consensus at this evening's meeting, we weren't
all that enthusiastic about that).

   How did the meeting go? Was the lack of enthusiasm due to poor showing for
the 3T robots, or folks not wanting to do the 2nd drive right after NEIRG? I
figured I'd bring my 3T robot to NEIRG as a demo anyway.

I've got almost all my good parts dedicated to 3T & NEIRG robots
right now...

   Yeah, I wish my limiting fator was parts. I really *hate* maze robots...
grr... I don't know *why* this one event is always such a pain for me. I've got
Trellis back up and running for the line following (although, strangely, not as
well as the first time it ran at NEIRG... and I don't know why), and it will
hold the program for line maze solving as well so I might demo that. I want to
have a maze robot (or two - lots of ideas, none that are panning out). sumo?
well... nothing as yet. I might throw something together, if I have the parts
(I'll have to strip an RCX out of something).
   Good news about your RCX, BTW. I really don't want to take a soldering iron
to the board, but it sounds like it worked. Congrats.

The reliability of the factory is somewhat proven.  I used the
lift mechanism out of the Drooling Duck.

   You do realize, Bryan, that with the number of times I've had to rip the head
of the Duck this does *not* engender confidence? ;-). I'd like to build a
mil-spec GBCm with a sinple chain lift, but I've only got *one* design that has
never broken the chain, (at least 20 hours run time on it), and I'm not sure
what I did so right on it that I've not on the others.

Your module looks great.

   Agreed - it looks very nice, Bryan.

I think some exposed conveyors/lift mechanisms
would be beneficial as well.

   Yeah, I want as much exposed as I can... but only if it looks *just right*. I
kinda like the COLTC modular hills too, but I'll need a *lot* more basic bricks.

--
Brian Davis