Re: NEIRG vs Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:24:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:

1)  I NEVER said I was building a train.

   Steve, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't *I* say that once upon a time as
well?

3)  I am wondering how we use the whole 3-way
polarity switch contraption

   If you mean the polarity switch assemblies that both detect the hoppers and
allow power to the stations, those are PSA's - come on, keep up with all the
obscure, silly abbreviations Steve & I have invented at a mile a minute for this
thing ;-).
   The idea is when the hopper is "in the station", it pushes on an arm that
both releases a normally closed touch sensor, and at the same time* activates a
polarity switch to power the station mechanism. Hopper loading stations
generally just ran for a set time, while some (but not all) of the unloading
stations at BF had limit sensors (normally open touch sensors) in parallel with
the PSA touch sensor.
   Matching the stations with the control software is a point as well. My
loaders generally timed out at about 6-7 seconds (in other words, they could
fill a hopper car, about 60 balls, in 6-7 seconds), & if memory serves Steve's
were similar. Our unloaders were more different (both of mine used double limit
sensors - they could detect both the maximum upward travel of the mechanism as
well as the max downward, and the software needed that).
   To be honest, sometime, I really want (need!) to revamp my software - after
three days, it really sucked at positioning the hoppers, and that was a major
problem on my end.

I am actually working on another GBC
module though.

   Yeah, I want to make a tossing module. A really really good tossing module
that can handle 1-2 bps or better. For the cat... ;-).

--
Brian Davis