Re: Zoo area for GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 04:06:03 GMT

David "Fuzzy" Gregory wrote:

It would look really neat if each wall section could have a studs-up mosaic in
it.  The mosaic wouldn't have to be big or eleborate.  It could be something
simple like a rainbow or a 2-tone skyline.
or an Elephant parade, or maybe we could inset all those minifig horses into the
wall.

A nice idea. Just so I understand, the mosaic would be on the face of the wall,
not on the top of the wall, right?

   From the park1.jpg pic that you
posted, it looks like the meeting distance between the park and zoo is 6
baseplates.

One baseplate at each end of that will have a train going through
it, so that leaves 4 wall sections.  Then we'll have a gate for pedestrians, so
that leaves us with only 3 wall sections to make.

Brian D.'s latest rending in the Oct 04 GATS folder in the Yahoo! group (the file
is called DCC-something-or-other.tdl) gives us a *lot* more room. Somthing like
18 rows of baseplates, or 9 rows each. However, if we still split it up near the
middle, your wall calculation still applies.

That terrarium looks cool!  The colors and lid look fine.  That type of
container was exactly what I had in mind for the creepy crawly kinds of animals.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make more as time and parts permit.