Re: Zoo area for GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:58:49 GMT

David "Fuzzy" Gregory wrote:
We will need 2 train-size gateways--1 at each side.¬

I was also thinking about putting a pedestrian gate near the middle of the wall.

The nice thing about using the castle wall standard is that anyone can contribute
a single baseplate-length of wall. I propose using primary and secondary colors
(red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple), in any design or pattern as long as
you meet the castle standard. I think the wall should figuratively shout "Fun at
the Zoo! Fun at the Theme Park!".

David, an issue with the castle standard is that the wall is in the middle of the
baseplate, so the divider between the zoo and the theme park will take up a whole
row of baseplates either on my side or yours (or in some combination). I suggest
we just wait and see how much stuff we end up with on each side and lay the wall
accordingly. If we put a dogleg in the middle, we can almost divide the area  evenly.

There's a
<http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/articles/brickbeasts.html great list of
nonstandard animals> at Classiccastle.com.
I have the Lego animal instruction book, too. I'll try to remember to bring it to
the August meeting in case someone wants to borrow it.

I just built a prototype terrarium for a spider. Pictures:
post-moderation: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=89985
Teaser:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ALittleSlow/Town/SpiderTerrarium/spidertop2.jpg

Let me know what you think. Especially, are the colors okay? Is it the right
height? Would a larger "spider habitat" be better? Does the hinged lid look
stupid (would car-roof hinges be better)?

I think I'll build a wall section with dinsours crashing through it into the zoo.
What do you think, David?

Should the walls be on green baseplates?

-Brian A.