Re: Cool new playtable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:44:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Rob Doucette wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Scott Lyttle wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3165209999&category=1186

I took one look and my jaw dropped...once for the product....then for the asking
price of 250 bucks....

Thanks for finding this, looks like a legitimate product to me. Given that it
includes 4 pieces of actual furniture, 250 is not a totally outrageous price(1)
(although I'd be curious to see what it costs if you were to just buy it in a
store or directly from LEGO)

The Sam's Club price is $150 ~ $160.  If you're not a member, you can download a
guest pass (Google it) and pay a 10% premium.  Sam's is cash or check only.
BTW, its a big box.

-Rob.
(not a Sam's Club member but took a look at the table anyways...)

In some states (including California) you may not have to pay the premium.
Someone must have filed suit because the fine print in the last newspaper guest
pass stated that there was no surcharge in CA and a couple of other states IIRC.
Which would be a $15 difference right there.

Maggie C. (also not a Sam's Club member, but I use a pass once in a while)