    Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) Nice Job. One of these days, I'm going to build something for a show. Really. I'm not kidding. :) I went to the train show. (my first train show) I expected more from the other train (non-LEGO) set-ups. With most of them, it was pretty easy to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

        Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS —Steve Martin
     (...) I think it sounds great. We are taking November off so our next meeting is in December and the next GATS is the first weekend in January. We'd love to have a train cam. Can you get it done by the train show (or even better, by the December (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

        Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS —Brian B. Alano
     If you run it on a DCC loop, you could power it off the tracks, or, depending on the power requirement, off a DCC decoder's accessory output. In the former case, you could even use an RCX as a power conditioner ((URL) put Ralph Hempel's DCC encoder (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

        Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS —Brian Darrow
   Hi Steve, Let me chime in and say this is a fantastic idea!!!!! If you need any assistance with some train and or monorail platforms to mount the camera on I'd be more than willing to help out. Building a train car camera mount and a monorail camera (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

        Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS —Paul Janssen
   (...) After having used this at the Dayton GATS, it will be a must for our future shows I think!! I simply powered the camera off a 9V battery. I took an airport shuttle, and modified the front to fit in the camera. Even in an unmodfified airport (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

        Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS —Paul Janssen
   (...) just followed up with pics and a message to trains and town. forgot to cross-post, sorry. Paul (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

        Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS —Brian Darrow
   Paul, You Da Man!! Thanks for the info and the pics... Look for IndyLUG "home movies" at our next event. It's just too cool an idea to not do it, especially since you already worked out the details on implimentation. Is there a franchise fee? ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)