  LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

I am contemplating how to integrate control of a roundhouse roundtable with control of trains using LDCC (URL). Currently the roundtable software is in NQC on an RCX and is controlled by IR messages 1, 2 and 3, which can be generated by the LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) Is there a way with the standard firmware to receive and process arbitrary packets, even those wrapped in the standard Lego IR protocol (as LDCCIRP is)? I'm thinking you may need to use BrickOS for this application. (...) include: (...) list (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) with (...) IR (...) locos. (...) Whoops, I meant to comment about this, too. LDCC responds to the message 1, 2 & 3 buttons from the remote. The remote uses LASM opcode 0xD2 to send these messages. However, there is another opcode, 0xF7, that (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) snip! (...) I believe that Mark is already working on a couple of different ways to control more than 9 DCC decoders on a layout. As he does, I will extend Full Throttle to support the new features. (No pressure, Mark!) The same thing goes for (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) Argh! Yes, you are right. I was asumimg that since the standard firmware can send arbitrary packets (that is right, isn't it?), it ought to be able to receive them as well. Time to consider alternate firmware. (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)