 Organizations / United States / 602
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:55:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Eric Joslin writes:
There is nothing special or magic
about Eric Kingsley that made NELUG work, he just invested a lot of time and
effort into getting it off the ground.

Disagree. Lorbaat is wrong again. As he is so very often ;-). I speak from
experience in keeping a 300 person PC club alive for several years.

It *is* "special or magic" to find a person in an area to form a nucleus and
be
a catalyst.

Jeez.

I in no way meant to belittle or demean the great work that Eric K did to get
NELUG going.  By saying that "all it took" was a lot of time and effort, I
meant to recognise that he did invest quite a bit of effort into it.

On the other hand, Eric was just a guy who wanted a club.  As far as I know
(and he can correct me if I'm wrong) he had no previous experience with forming
clubs, nor does he have a superpower causing him to be a mild-mannered... err,
whatever he does by day and a mighty club organiser by evening.

I do know that work goes into it, I just meant that if someone is determined
enough, they can certainly get a club off the ground as well.

eric