 Organizations / United States / 546
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:42:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Larry Pieniazek writes:

So far we have seen LUGs be mostly or
completely non overlapping. Whatever LUG forms first in an area has a defacto
monopoly. There is no RULE that says this is so, it's just a critical mass
issue.

I agree with this completely.  I was interested in NELUG because it was an
organisation for ADULTS.  However, I certainly would harbor no animosity toward
a second (or thrid, or fourth, or so on) Lego club in the area, and would
probably even seek membership.

If anyone (and I mean anyone) here has a problem with NELUG and the way it is
run, then I heartily encourage them to get out there and create their own
group, rather than seek to tear down ours.  There is nothing special or magic
about Eric Kingsley that made NELUG work, he just invested a lot of time and
effort into getting it off the ground.

eric