 Organizations / United States / 545
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:39:17 GMT

Now I am Pissed OFF!!! I have heard just about all the name calling and
disrespect that I can handle.  You have personally ruined my holiday.

In lugnet.org.us, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Shiri Dori writes:

I don't feel like it's personal *against* me.
But I do think it *should* be personal *for* me.

No.  As soon as we make a personal exception for you, then we have to judge
each person under whatever age limit we set personally, and as others have
said time and time again, that is *not* something we want to get into.

Fine.  Change the policy such that you don't have to do all that extra work
that seems to be so loathed by your group, and still let excellent builders
into the group who just happen to be younger than 18.  As it stands, it is
pointless, stupid, disruptive, and IMO, has caused more problems than being an
open and accepting group.

Obviously it was not pointless, stupid, or disruptive to NELUG members and
frankly that is what matters.  If you don't like the decisions of our group,
fine, its your right but accusing NELUG of being stupid is just immature name
calling IMO.

I also hope, and maybe even expect, that you guys talk about it next • meeting,
and seriously consider either:

Obviously, by dragging this back into Lugnet- all over Lugnet, too, by the
wide crossposting of your initial message- this is going to be something • NELUG
talks about.

The wide crossposting was because she feels strongly about this, and wanted
support.  She had *no* idea this many felt strongly about NELUG's policy, in
her favor.  Personally, I'd like to know why, of all the people on Lugnet and
LUGs accross the world, NELUG seems to be the only ones that cannot stand to
share your hobby with younger members.

I have to tell you, though, that you're doing very little to sway my opinion
in your favor, and very much to prove to me that I was right in being one of
the people in NELUG to firmly stand behind the age limit.

She has been one of the few mature posters to this, much more mature than
either you or Matthew, IMO.

And this post was SO Mature.  How dare you.  Just because Matthew and Eric and
I and others disagree with your POV we are immature it seems.  I agree Shiri
has been pretty mature about this and so have Matthew and Eric.  In my opinion
it is you and a few other that have been sturring this pot and it pisses me
off.  Constructive critisizm is fine but posts like your are pointless.

The fact that this is getting nasty should tell
you that everyone is sick and tired of NELUG's arrogant attitudes.  (FTR, I • *do
not* think NELUG is evil, just terribly misguided in this case)

Now, I just want to say to Shiri:  You do *not* need to associate with these
arrogant jerks, Shiri.  Start a new group, and I gaurantee it'll be a success.
I would also encourage all who are currently NELUG members and disagree with
the policy to leave and join the new open, understanding group.

OK this is getting out of hand.  Now we are all JERKS.

Shiri,  I have a question for you.  Do you think posts like this help your
cause or hurt it?

You know I was very willing to vote on this again but you know I am with Jeff,
Eric, and Matt now saying that this discussion has gone WAY overboard and now I
don't know if it is worthy of another vote.

Finally, if I ever move to New England, I will not join NELUG, under any
circumstances.  I do not need to associate with these types of people.

Good for you that is your choice.  I am sure we will get along.

Now I am going to try and enjoy the rest of my day and think about this for a
while.  I will be traveling all day tomorrow and hopefully by then cooler heads
will have prevaled.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/