 Organizations / United States / 547
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:43:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Chris Maddison writes:

I think we'd all be satisfied if this were taken case by

We who?  Who needs to be satisfied?

I'd say with certainty that she's handling this much more maturely that you.

You might wish to try and support this claim.  Go back and read.  Matt has in
no way acted immature about this.

And conversely, I would argue that by posting her initial post to such a wide
number of groups, rather than contacting NELUG directly with her problems,
Shiri has acted very immaturely.

Possibly. But I have contacted NELUG in the past about this - in the
discussion you mentioned. It might've been me, I can't say for sure, after all
I wasn't at the meeting.

New things came up now, for me, and I was feeling more and more despaired
about this. It might be hard for you to understand, you don't know me
personally, but I can assure you that I haven't been feeling extremely welcome
in Boston. People who know me and understand what I'm going through encouraged
me to post and see what was the general feeling about it. Well, I did. Mature
or immature, that's up to you to judge; I can see now that it did me, and
NELUG, no more good than harm. But being allowed to make mistakes is part of
human nature - does that make one immature? In that case, well, go ahead and
label me immature. I make mistakes and learn from them.

Another thing I'd like to point out to you, Eric, is that I did not ask for a
case-by-case judgement. I think that *should* be the way to go, but that's not
what I'm asking for. I asked that you (plural) think about either that, or
lowering your cutoff age - whatever you (plural) see fit. Reread my original
post.

-Shiri